Many people have been quoted.Some quotes are regarded as classics.But some quotes are really interesting.Well,i bring you some of those...
- "God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time."
- - Robin Williams, commenting on the Clinton/Lewinsky affair
- "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."
- - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
-
- "After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- - Cato the Elder (234-149 BC, AKA Marcus Porcius Cato)
- "If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" "
- - Will Rogers (1879-1935)
- "Ask her to wait a moment - I am almost done."
- - Carl Friedrich Gauss (1777-1855), while working, when informed that his wife is dying
- "Hell is paved with good Samaritans."
- - William M. Holden
- "Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research."
- - Wilson Mizner (1876-1933)
- "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
- - Robert Orben
- "Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate."
- - Thomas Jones
- "Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung."
- - Voltaire (1694-1778)
- "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- - General George Patton (1885-1945)
- "No one can earn a million dollars honestly."
- - William Jennings Bryan (1860-1925)
- "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- - John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
- "It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid."
- - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
- "The nice thing about being a celebrity is that if you bore people they think it's their fault."
- - Henry Kissinger (1923-)
- "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
- - Frank Zappa
- "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher."
- - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
- "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
- - George Washington Carver (1864-1943)
- "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
- "God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
- - Voltaire (1694-1778)
- "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."
- - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
- "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."
- - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
- "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)
- "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
- "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
- "Don't be so humble - you are not that great."
- - Golda Meir (1898-1978) to a visiting diplomat
- For more good quotes visit:http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~robins/quotes.html).
-
No comments:
Post a Comment